The app combines highly accurate weather forecast for your location with a 3D map showing development of weather in a broader area in a very interesting way. This allows you to see where precipitation is going to come from or where the wind is blowing from. The uniqueness of the app comes from the amount of data displayed. Forecast of weather, precipitation, wind, cloud cover, atmospheric pressure, snow cover and other meteorological data for different altitudes is available for the whole world.
The Ventusky application solves weather displaying in an interesting way. Wind is displayed using streamlines which clearly portray the continuous development of weather. Airflow on Earth is always in motion and the streamlines depict this motion in an amazing way. This makes the interconnection of all atmospheric phenomena obvious.
Weather forecast for the first three days is available in the app in one-hour steps. For other days, it’s available in three-hour steps. Users can also look up sunrise and sunrise times in a given place.
Thanks to the Ventusky application, visitors get data directly from the numerical models that, just a few years ago, were used solely by meteorologists. The app collects data from the most accurate numerical models. Besides the well-known data from the American GFS and HRRR models, it also displays data from the Canadian GEM model and the German COSMO and particular ICON model, which is unique thanks to its high resolution for the whole world. Two models, EURAD and USRAD, are based on current radar and satellite readings. These models are able to show precisely current precipitation in US and Europe.
LIST OF WEATHER LAYERS
• Temperature (15 levels)
• Perceived temperature
• Wind (16 levels)
• Wind gusts (1 hour, long time maximum)
• Precipitation (1 hour, 3 hour, long time accumulation)
• Cloud cover (high, middle, low, total)
• Snow cover (total, new)
• Humidity (4 layers)
• Dew point
• Air pressure
• CAPE, CIN, LI, Helicity (SRH)
• Freezing level
• Wave forecast
• Air quality (NO2, SO2, PM10, PM2.5, O3, dust or CO)
• Probability of aurora
LIST OF WEATHER WIDGETS
• Forecast 4x2
• Forecast 2x2
• Forecast 4x4
• Radar 4x2
• Radar 2x2
Do you have questions or suggestions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Probability of aurora. This new layer is based on the OVATION model and provides a 30 to 90 minute forecast of the location and occurrence probability of the aurora.
- Relative humidity at altitudes 900, 850 and 700 hPa. These layers are practical, for example, for determining visibility in the mountains (low relative humidity often allows great visibility).
- Bug fixes