Overcoming Low Self-Esteem gives you the support you need to boost your confidence. Self-assessment scales help you to determine if you have a problem with low self-esteem. Simple tools help you take control of your own recovery programme using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). An online catalogue offers recommended reading for low self-esteem and these books can be purchased as e-books for use within the app’s built-in e-reader.
This easy-to-navigate app comes from the publishers of the bestselling Overcoming book series. These books enable people with a range of common mental health problems and disorders to take back control of their life. Each guide is written by an expert practitioner and uses clinically proven techniques to treat long-standing and disabling conditions, both psychological and physical.
This app is totally free and is intended to support a course of therapy, or a guided recovery programme with a doctor, therapist or other healthcare professional. It can be used alongside the book Overcoming Low Self-Esteem or other self-help titles for improving your self-confidence.
The features in this app can be used at home or on the move, and with just a few minutes spent every day on these exercises, you will build a record of the tools and techniques that work for you and be able to set goals you can work towards over time.
Visiting www.overcoming.co.uk will also give you access to the wider catalogue of Robinson self-help publications, advice for other mental health conditions, and downloadable resources from our range of books.
Two other Overcoming apps are available: Overcoming Depression and Overcoming Anxiety.
• Rate your mood and test the likelihood that you have low self-esteem by completing self-assessment scales
• Log your daily problem thoughts and behaviours and their severity with a diary and practical worksheets
• Monitor your daily activities and plan for the future
• Set goals for how you would like your life to be
• Design behavioural experiments to test and refine your beliefs and negative thoughts
• Log what works for you so that you can quickly refer to your own relapse prevention tips
• View your progress with test results over time
• Library of self-help titles allows you to explore problem areas more fully with e-books available to purchase
• Built-in e-reader for your library of self-help books
• Reminder function allows you to schedule when to use the tools and tests
• Password protected to ensure privacy
Hachette UK (BP)