Music Info allows you to view information about songs in your library, including play count, skip count, release date, date added, album artist, composer, genre, comments, lyrics, and more.*
"Apple's Music app on macOS surfaces all kinds of information about the songs you're listening to … But for reasons unknown, that isn't the case with the iOS version of Music. But as Apple likes to say, there's an app for that."
Music Info features a clean, modern design that’s simple and efficient to use. When you open the app, if a song is playing in the Music app, its info automatically appears and updates when the song changes. You can also browse your library to select a song and view its metadata, or get a song’s info directly in the Music app with the share sheet integration.
● Select a song using Music Recognition powered by Shazam
● Use home screen quick actions to quickly select a song
● Play the selected song in-app
● Tap and hold text to copy information
● Drag and drop artwork into other apps
● Light and dark mode
● Keyboard shortcuts
● Split view multitasking and multiple windows on iPadOS
● Full accessibility support including Dynamic Type, VoiceOver, and Voice Control
How it works
● The Music app, like iTunes before it, saves metadata for each song you have in your library. Music Info reveals this information that otherwise isn’t accessible on iOS and iPadOS.
● Any song in your library can be accessed in the Music Info app, no matter if they were added via Apple Music, purchased, matched, uploaded, or otherwise synced to your device. Songs in Apple Music that haven’t been added to your library cannot be accessed.
● The share sheet action is available when sharing a song in the Music app. Note that only songs that are available on Apple Music can be shared. Music Info will try to look up that song in your library which may require an internet connection. It’s possible it may not be able to find the right song, for example, if you’ve renamed it. If an error occurs, you can still use the app to access its information even without an internet connection.
Things to note
● Song metadata cannot be edited on iOS and iPadOS.
● Music Info does not work with any third-party music services.
-- Ability to select a song with music recognition powered by Shazam (requires iOS or iPadOS 15)
-- Ability to copy artwork
-- Ability to drag and drop artwork into another app
-- Improved share sheet integration in Music app
-- Improved keyboard shortcuts
-- Improved accessibility support
-- Optimizations for iOS and iPadOS 15