FRMS is a versatile hybrid synthesizer that combines Granular, FM, Subtractive and Additive synthesis using a flexible layering system.
FRMS takes the interesting and exciting world of granular synthesis and gives it a musical edge by mixing it with FM synthesis to produce a wide variety of possible timbres, with a sleek and modern interface. From heavily-dense ambient drones, to glitchy mechanical beings, turn simple sounds into complex evolving soundscapes, with up to four layers of synthesis in any combination.
FRMS is available as a stand-alone app and AUv3 plugin only. No IAA audio support available.
FRMS is a CPU intensive app, therefore some devices with lower hardware specifications might not be able to play 4 simultaneous voices, resulting in possible audio glitches. The density of grains is the most significant aspect regarding performance. A 2nd gen iPad Pro is able to play all of the bundled presets with 4 voices.
- 4 synth engines, 4 layers per voice
- Granular, FM, Additive, Subtractive
- 8 FM modes, layers as operators
- Granulate Samples or Live Audio
- Up to 20 grains per layer
- 1 modulation matrix per layer
- 2 EG’s per layer
- 1 filter per layer and a master filter
- 4 voices polyphony
- 4 LFO’s with 5 modes
- Arpeggiator with 5 modes
- Delay and Reverb FX as layer send
- High Quality Sample Bank
- Built-in Audio Recorder
- MPE Compatible
- Ableton Link
Start with FRMS built-in library of samples, load your own, or even granulate live audio. Stack up to 4 layers of synthesis, with independent envelopes and modulation to create unique sounds with movement.
FRMS includes Imaginando’s Cloud Sync functionality (requires Imaginando account) so you can store and share your creations across devices with ease. Capture sounds wherever you are, then refine them in your studio, keep your creativity with you, wherever you go.
For detailed operation information and requirements please visit:
We're passionate about customer service too - If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback, please get in touch via our contact page: https://www.imaginando.pt/contact-us
- Add iPhone support
- Performance optimizations
- Memory usage optimization
- Fix crash that could occur on some devices during startup
- Fix audible clicks when using the synth in mono
- General bug fixes and improvements