PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice, teaching, rhythm composing, and live performance.
The free Public Library provides hundreds of user-created Presets and practice routines to inspire you.
NOTE: This is the same app as PolyNome but with the Pro in-app update features already enabled.
PolyNome is a universal app that will work on your iPhone and iPad in both portrait and landscape. You can sync the data between them. It's also designed to run in split-screen mode on an iPad.
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click
• Create polyrhythms in seconds
• Test your timing with random muting
• Download 100s of free Presets and Playlists from the Public Library
• Program drum line parts with flams, drags, ties and rolls
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Upgrade to Pro and get voice counting, Konnakol, 6-octave keyboard, and much more
• Metronome with faders for beat subdivisions
• 2 fully programmable independent sequencers (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per sequencer)
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• Randomise rhythms and sounds for ear training and groove creation
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Flams, Drags, Ruffs, Diddles, Rolls, Ties, Accents
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
PRO FEATURES (included)
• Track your practice time. View charts of what you've worked on. Set goals, and more.
• Record/Export audio file
• 200+ more sounds, including DrumLine
• 6 Octave Piano Keyboard for creating quick melodic ideas
• Konnakol Entry!
• Import setlists from Tempo or Tempo Adv
• Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes
• If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce. This will announce each new item when it starts (or 1 bar before if you prefer)
• Create practice routines
• Auto tempo change options for creating quick warm-up/cool-down routines
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• Auto-Counting adds voice count to your rhythms!
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
NEW: Irregular time signatures!
You can now enter time signatures like 4/6 & 5/3 via the Add Items(s) dialog in a Playlist. These time signatures occasionally appear in contemporary classical music.
FIX: Preset sorting should be saved between launches.
FIX: Demo videos should now play properly
For full details, check out What's New in the Help page.
If you can't find the answers you're looking for, or find any bugs, please get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoy using PolyNome and have a few moments to leave a review it's very much appreciated.
Thanks for using PolyNome!