Take care of a group of travelers on a post-apocalyptic road-trip across the United States in this turn-based survival game. Fight scary creatures, rescue stranded survivors, and scavenge for supplies like fuel, first aid kits, and weapons. Decide where to go next, whether it's upgrading this wrecked car, or rescuing that dog. Just remember, there are consequences for every action. Get ready for close calls, dramatic escapes, hard choices, arguing about whether or not that dog gets rescued, and the end of the world.
- Always keep fuel in the tank. Stay away from the creatures. Be careful. Be quiet.
- Loud sounds attract trouble, and there's no way you can fight them all. Grab as much gas as you can, rescue that trapped stranger, and get back in the car before it's too late.
- Travel West, through grasslands, over mountains, across deserts, and to even stranger places. Every level, roadmap, and character is randomly generated, so each trip is new.
- Equip dozens of items, including medkits, shields, axes, potted plants, scavenged armor, and luggage racks.
- A completely new end of the world from Finji (Canabalt, Night in the Woods).
This update contains major gameplay updates, UI improvements, and various bug fixes to improve the Overland experience! These changes include:
* New creature! First sighted in the grasslands...
* New mid-level event! First sighted in the mountains
* Trap-hole update - these mountain/desert hazards are more interesting now
* Updated quicksand crater visuals
* Changed inspect and organize to have full black backgrounds
* Added 0.1s show/hide fades to a lot of the level UI elements
* Adjusted the timing of title screen and level exit fades
* Re-skinned the Inspect view to match the Organize view!
* Re-did some of the trading site logic so that traders usually start out next to tables (seems small but feels so nice)
* Added new end-of-level audio cues that change depending on failure/victory/etc.
* Increased survivor movement speed by almost 10%. Feels nice!
* Added new signs
* Improved hint outlines to help new players find good scavenging spots
* Organize window can support Large UI mode
* Improved vista rendering performance
* Streamlined some campfire/map transitions
* Fixed some glitches in the vehicle animations
* Added in fully working photo mode for both touch and game controllers
* DualShock 4 and Xbox One Wireless controllers are now fully supported with iOS 13
* Pause/unpause now will work correctly with the Menu/Options button on game controllers
* Added new accessibility prompt on initial game startup
* Fixed some long-standing bugs with audio and lighting
* Fixed "Tap to Switch" on character portraits not working in specific circumstances on game startup
* Fixed inadvertent taps happening outside of portrait area on some devices
* Fixed checkpoints occasionally not loading correctly on level restarts
* Fixed screen rotation not working on some iOS devices
* Improved memory usage on low-end devices
* Various balance + difficulty changes
* And many other minor improvements and bug fixes!