“one sec” uses Shortcuts Automation to toggle a deep breath animation whenever you open one of the configured apps (Instagram, Twitter, YouTube…). This breaks unconcious social media habits and even helps long-term by adding more friction when opening these apps.
Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present: Did you really want to open Instagram? Or was it just because you're bored waiting for your bus?
This app helps you to reflect your actions, thoughts, and feelings; disrupting harmful social media habits with mindfulness.
On top of that, “one sec” also contributes your mindful moments to the Health App via HealthKit.
Available Subscription Options:
one sec supporting membership / tip
- Adds a second Shortcut that can be automated on app close. This helps to measure the actual time spent on apps and allows for quick app-switching without additional breathing exercise (e.g. quickly open a link in Safari, then return to Instagram). There is a new tutorial video explaining how to set up the new Shortcut.
- This update also adds native support for new apps: HEY Email, GroupMe, Kicker, Robinhood, Focus Online, and Tagesschau. Please keep in mind, you can always add your own custom apps in one sec‘s settings.
- Adds a survey to participates in a study that we‘re conducting together with the Max Planck Institute and University of Heidelberg.
- Improved German localization.
- Settings are re-organized / better structured.